Online Writers Conference to Coach Catholic Writers to Succeed!
If you are a Catholic writer, don’t miss this opportunity!
If you can never seem to get to the annual Catholic Writers live conference, don’t miss this opportunity!!
If you prefer the convenience of following a conference from the comfort of home, don’t miss this opportunity!!!
September 14-16, 2018, the Catholic Writers Guild will host, via webinar, an online writers conference focused on helping Catholic writers succeed in their craft.
The Catholic Writers Conference Online provides Catholic writers with a prime opportunity to meet and share their faith with editors, publishers, and fellow writers from across the globe.
- Speakers will discuss writing as a calling, literature as evangelization, and even how genre fiction like horror and science fiction can still reflect Catholic values.
- Presenters include Joseph Pearce (Further Up & Further In), Michelle Buckman (Turning in Circles), Karen Ullo (Jennifer the Damned) and many others.
- Recordings and reference materials from all presentations will be available free to all conference attendees.
- The webinar conference will also give authors an opportunity to meet with publishing professionals and pitch their writing projects. In the past, publishers from large Catholic presses, including Pauline, Ave Maria, and Our Sunday Visitor, and secular presses like Anaiah Press and Liberty Island, have participated.
- Of those who pitched at the 2017 online conference, over 10 percent have been offered publishing contracts and several are published, including one finalist for the Catholic Arts and Letters Award, Michelle Buckman.
The Catholic Writers Guild sponsors the online conference, as well as a live conference in July, and a semi-annual writers’ retreat in October. As a religious non-profit organization affiliated with the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, the CWG uses these conferences to further its mission of promoting Catholic literature.
CWG President, Joseph Wetterling, says, “The Guild exemplifies the Catholic ‘both/and’ with writers from every part of the world, in every genre, and from every walk of life. We’re diverse in personality and style but united in our loyalty and love of the Catholic faith. The Catholic Writers Conference Live is a unique opportunity to come together in fellowship and sharpen each other toward our united mission: a rebirth of Catholic arts and letters.”
Registration costs $30 for CWG Members and $45 non-members. To register or for more information, go to https://catholicwritersguild.org/online-conference.